Saturday, December 15, 2012

Before They Wheel Him In , Dec. 10


Cam’s Facebook Post, 12/10/12, 3:11 a.m.

Lovely People of the World ~

I'm signing off for a bit -- not sure when I'll be human again, probably sometime after Tuesday.

I cannot begin to say how much your kind messages, calls, letters, visits, smiles, hugs, kisses and other communications have meant to me over the last months.

I've been calm and confident and surprisingly at peace, and I can only credit all the grace and strength and be
auty I see in the people around me.

I know I owe many of you a reply -- forgive me -- but know that you have already made my day today easier than I could have imagined.

Okay, no more paragraphs beginning with "I" -- just a monstrous THANK YOU!

More to come...

Hugs all around ~

Cam
------------------------------------------

Krisha’s Facebook Post, 12/10/12, 5:27 a.m.

Wonderful friends ~

I need your continued prayers, positive thoughts and beautiful energy. Cam goes into surgery in about half an hour here at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center in North Carolina.

Regular chemo-therapy is ineffective for Peritoneal Mesothelioma, so he will undergo a cyto-reductive surgery and HIPEC procedure. If you want a new level of admiration for this good man and his incredible, serene attitude towards this cancer, watch this 4 minute illustrated video of what will happen during his probably 8-hour surgery:

http://www.hipectreatment.com/index.php


Rest assured that we are both at peace about this treatment, this doctor, this timing. My hope is to spend some of the time he's cut open today to record some of the many little but not little miracles that have happened in the last four months as we've endeavored to find help and resources. I'm becoming of the mind that God inspires miracles by putting little thoughts in the minds of individuals -- ways to reach out that they may think are insignificant -- and that those many hearts and hands generate an energy and circle of connectedness that produce the miracles. 

Again, thank you for the thoughts and prayers and endless kindnesses. We have felt your prayers, and that goodwill has sustained us . . . particularly me in the difficult moments.

I've been thrilled to reconnect with so many dear friends once I finally got on FB, and I know I still owe many of you a personal response. Please forgive . . . we've been a little preoccupied. ;)

The entourage is arriving -- time to change these slippers for some walking shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment